Chipworks has posted a close up look at the chips inside the
Some of the key components found include:
● Qualcomm RTR8605 Multi-band RF Transceiver
● Skyworks 77464-20 Power Amplifier
● Avago ACPM Power Amplifier
● TriQuint TQM9M9030 SAW filter
● TriQuint TQM66052
● 338S0987 (Cirrus audio codec)
● Qualcomm MDM6610
● Apple 338S0973 (Dialog power management IC)
● Qualcomm PM8028 power management IC
● Toshiba THGVX1G7D2GLA08 16 GB 24 nm MLC Flash Memory
The A5 processor
The switch from the A4 to the A5 processor was one of the most discussed chip updates in the 4S. The A5, also found in the 2, is a dual-core processor delivering up to two times more power and up to seven times faster graphics, according to Apple. This device was also found in the iPad2. Here’s an in-depth look at the A5 including die markings, top metal die photo, a partially annotated poly die photo, package x-ray, and a SEM cross-section.
Hit the link below to view die photos of various other components.
Read More [via Yosi]