has released Motion 5, its software that lets you create Final Cut Pro titles, transitions, and effects.
Designed for video editors, Motion 5 lets you customize Final Cut Pro titles, transitions, and effects. Or create your own dazzling animations in 2D or 3D space, with real-time feedback as you work.
Breakthrough Speed and Quality
• New 64-bit architecture supports deeper, multilayered effects for use in Final Cut Pro.
• ColorSync-managed color pipeline produces accurate, consistent color across applications.
• Shared Render Engine provides consistent quality with Final Cut Pro and Compressor.
• Rendering uses floating-point, linear-light color space for exceptionally realistic results.
• Motion taps the GPU on the graphics card for high-speed rendering and exporting.
Editor-Friendly Design Tools
• Work fast using a single-window interface with a familiar look and feel.
• Customize Final Cut Pro titles, effects, and transitions by opening them in Motion.
• Create Smart Motion Templates with simple controls for making changes as you edit.
• Build stunning 2D and 3D compositions with more than 1900 -designed elements.
• Make adjustments to any parameter during playback and instantly see results.
Easy Animated Text and Titles
• Design dramatic text effects with complete control over position, opacity, rotation, and more.
• Animate text instantly by choosing from more than 200 text behaviors such as Type On.
• Build a credit roll by importing a text file; the Scroll behavior optimizes the speed for you.
• Move, scale, or rotate a single character with the Adjust Glyph tool.
• Ripple text one character, word, or line at a time with the Sequence Text behavior.
• Choose from more than 230 behaviors for natural-looking motion without programming.
• Enhance your 2D or 3D animations with more than 130 filters using the FxPlug 2 standard.
• Track a moving object in a video clip with the point tracking and match move feature.
• Create an accurate chroma key in a single step with the new Keying filter.
• Apply the Linking behavior to make parameters for one object animate related objects.
• Use SmoothCam to eliminate camera jitters, and image stabilization to smooth bumpy shots.
• Transition from 2D to 3D space by adding a camera or cameras to any 2D project.
• Set up realistic shadows that animate dynamically with the movement of cameras and lights.
• Turn any shape, video plane, or paint stroke into a reflective surface.
• Highlight or de-emphasize various objects by defining a range of focus.
• Track objects or groups of objects with the Camera Framing behavior.
Quick, High-Quality Output
• Export projects to Apple devices and popular websites such as Vimeo and YouTube.
• Choose to output the ProRes 4444 format for uncompressed quality at small file sizes.
System Requirements: 2GB of RAM (4GB recommended), OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later, 256MB of VRAM, display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher, 2GB of disk space.
Some features require Internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs.
You can purchase Motion from the App Store for $49.99.