AT&T has announced that its Q1 activations increased nearly 1 million year over year to 3.6 million, with 23 percent of subscribers new to AT&T.
AT&T had another strong quarter of smartphone sales. (Smartphones are voice and data devices with an advanced operating system to better manage data and Internet access.) More than 5.5 million smartphones were sold in the first quarter, the third-highest quarter ever and an increase of more than 60 percent year over year. During the quarter, 3.6 million iPhones were activated. Approximately 65 percent of postpaid sales were smartphones.
● Consolidated revenues of $31.2 billion in the first quarter, up more than $700 million, or 2.3 percent, versus the year-earlier period
● 10.2 percent growth in wireless revenues, with an 8.6 percent increase in wireless service revenues
● Best-ever first-quarter increase in total wireless subscribers, up 2.0 million to reach 97.5 million subscribers in service, with gains in every category
● Best-ever first-quarter smartphone sales of more than 5.5 million
● Best-ever first-quarter connected device net adds of 1.3 million
● Branded computing subscribers (includes tablets, aircards and other data-only devices) up 421,000, doubling since the first quarter of 2010 to reach 3.4 million
● 23.9 percent growth in wireless data revenues, up almost $1 billion versus the year-earlier quarter
● Postpaid subscriber ARPU (average monthly revenues per subscriber) up 2.4 percent to $63.39, the ninth consecutive quarter with a year-over-year increase