NOTE: The Banner Saga does NOT run on. 4S and more modern devices recommended.
Embark on your own epic journey in this critically acclaimed tactical RPG, where your strategic choices directly affect your personal story, as well as the outcome of conflicts encountered during your struggle for survival in this Viking inspired tale.
– A 2D fantasy realm inspired by Norse mythology – immerse yourself in beautifully hand drawn combat sequences and animations, accompanied by an evocative score from Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory.
– Player choice that drives your own narrative – every decision you make in travel, conversation and combat has a meaningful effect on the outcome as your story unfolds.
– Over 25 playable characters each with unique personalities – embark on your journey with a variety of characters from 7 different classes, each with unique abilities and upgrade options to fit your play style.
– Strategic combat with consequences – victory or defeat and even the permanent loss of a character depends on which characters you choose to take into battle and what decisions you make afterwards.
– Winner of the Geekie Award for best Indie Video, 2014, Independent Games Festival Finalist for Excellence in Visual Art and Honorable mentions for Design and Audio.
What’s New in Version 1.01
Improved scene and battle load times
Fixed issue with multiple conversation choices being highlighted at once
Moved Save and Log files into the shared Documents folder, accessible via iTunes
Removed App Store references to unsupported languages
Tilt panning now slowly recenters the scene camera if the device remains tilted
iCloud save file conflict resolution dialog made more informative