BiteSMS 5.3 beta 7 has been released with bug fixes.Also,the beta 8 is coming soon.
5.3 beta 7 bug fixed:
- Improved performance for Quick Compose ‘Auto Show Recents’ feature.
- When adding multi-media, the send button now automatically changes to blue (carrier) as opposed to prompting you, which was superfluous.
- Fixed bug, close biteSMS app while picture is displayed then upon reopening biteSMS the navbar could incorrectly be displayed in black.
- Fixed security bug, go to conversation for hidden contact, view MMS, lock, , MMS was still incorrectly shown, and thus conversation was incorrectly revealed.
- Fixed losing draft bug – see http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/6/topics/3649?…
- When composing a new message in the app or in Quick Compose the send button incorrectly defaulted to orange (TextFreek). Now defaults to the ‘Default Send Method’ instead.
- Fixed SpringBoard crash bug. Lock screen, QC, receive call, activate proximity sensor, press power button to end call, crashed.
Beta 8 Bugs:
Bug: On.1, cannot play (MMS) videos.
Bug: See http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/6/topics/3649?… (Bug: when using audio apps other than iPod, quick compose activated by volume display tap does not activate (cause it flickers off)
Bug: Jumping to end in conversation bug: http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/6/topics/3649?… (also happens when using search feature and viewing older MMS)
Reported bug regarding ‘in call’ ringtones don’t seem to work at all.