Firewall iP, a firewall application fordevices, has been updated to version 2.0 and is now available for purchase in the Store.
Firewall iP is the only security app of its kind and offers many advance features like getting WhoIs-informations about the host.
● Block outgoing TCP & UDP connections selectively
● Shows you the hostname for the connection & can provide you with WhoIs information
● Block connections of apps when you are on a cellular network
● Block analytic providers / data collectors which PrivaCy can’t
● Block unneeded content (ads ;))
● Easy to use interface & control app
● full IPv6 support (be advised that many Internet Service Providers don’t even support IPv6 yet, so if you aren’t able to access a IPv6 only server, it’s not FiP’s fault ;))
● all new rules are being saved with date and time. Now you can look up which rules you created last
● totally new way of showing the popup.
● redesigned popup
● Option to have the Deny Tab in front (Settings in the GUI)
● a field on the PoPup which shows the url (TCP) or the data packet (UDP) (if possible)
● if the hostname has more than 2 parts (more than xyz.com), when you tap on the selector for “normal, *, and *.” you’ll be able to select parts of the hostname the rule will apply to
● Option to Import/Export FiP settings (one file) so you can easily backup your stuff (Settings in the GUI)
● support for port ranges
● many other enhancements and fixes
● GameCenter support: added support for the center daemon (a process which runs in the background). You’ll have to REBOOT your device after installation to enable this (Saurik will fix that in a future MobileSubstrate update). IMPORTANT: because center is actually an own progress which runs in the background and starts running when a game needs it, rules applied to the Game Center Daemon will affect all apps. You can use allow/deny (all) session to make changes for every game.
Firewall iP is available in theStore for $2.99