Flipboard finally comes to Flipboard’s Cover Stories feature is currently exclusive to the iPhone and , and an version is coming at a later date. Flipboard for iPhone appears to still be propagating through iTunes, but is available for some.and iPod Touch.In version, Flipboard featuring Cover Stories.
Flipboard explains Cover Stories, Flipboard’s latest enhancement:
With Flipboard for iPhone we’re introducing Cover Stories. Think of Cover Stories as the feed to check when you’re in line at the coffee shop, commuting on the train or just hanging out at home. It contains a constantly updated selection of interesting articles and photos being shared with you right now.
Cover Stories come from all your Flipboard tiles, including social networks like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. As you add more sources to your Flipboard, their posts will begin to appear in your Cover Stories.
Named’s iPad App of the year and one of TIME’s Top 50 Innovations, Flipboard creates a personalized magazine out of everything being shared with you, from Instagram photos and Facebook updates to Tumblr posts and articles from your favorite publications. Fill Flipboard with the things you like to read, from the smallest blogs to publications like Rolling Stone or Vanity Fair, and use Instapaper or Read It Later to save articles to read later. Connect Flipboard to all your social networks, and you’ll have a single place to enjoy, browse, comment on and share all the news, photos and updates that matter to you.
New to Flipboard on iPhone is Cover Stories, a selection of interesting articles and photos being shared with you right now. And it gets smarter every time you use it.*
*Coming soon to iPad.
What people are saying:
– “Flipboard begins to imagine an entirely new way of accessing the social Web.” New York Times
– “Flipping for Flipboard: The brilliant iPad app that has changed the way I read the news.” SLATE
– “Stop. Put down this computer, go pick up your iPad and come back here. Now go get this app: Flipboard. Why? It’s pretty awesome.” Wired.com
– The Twitter experience on @flipboard is unlike anything i have ever seen. I didn’t know it at the time, but it’s the reason I got an #iPad…. @sylvioso
What’s New in Version 1.7
★ New iPhone edition puts the power of Flipboard in your pocket.
★ Cover Stories for iPhone, a selection of interesting articles and photos being shared with you right now. And it gets smarter every time you use it. (Coming soon to iPad.)
★ Speed. Flip through pages as you would through a printed magazine, all with the flick of a thumb.
★ Flipboard Accounts:
– Sign into your Flipboard from either iPhone or iPad and get instant access to all your favorite content.
– Check out All Timelines. Flip through a single feed containing all articles and all photos being shared across all your social networks.
Flipboard for iPhone is free on app store. [App Store link]