Sn0wbreeze, a well-known jailbreaking tool for Windows, now has support for jailbroken recently using for . As of yet, only tethered jailbreak is possible, meaning that you have to connect the device to a computer when powering it on, in order to boot it into a jailbroken state.5 Beta, which was
Supports the following Devices: –
iPod Touch 3G
iPod Touch 4
* THIS IS INTENDED FOR DEVELOPERS ONLY!!!
* This sn0wbreeze does NOT add afc2 or Hacktivate to prevent users from removing the UDID check after .
* UNLOCKERS SHOULD STAY AWAY!!!
* This is a /TETHERED/ via iBooty.
The reason why you would want to use Sn0wbreeze is that it is currently the only jailbreak tool for unlock your phone in future using Ultrasn0w.5 Beta which is available for Windows users, and secondly, it will preserve your old baseband so that you can
It is important to note that the current version of Ultrasn0wtool isn’t compatible with yet.
1) Get all the software required in this tutorial: Download Sn0wbreeze 2.8b1 for Windows. You also need the full iOS 5 Beta firmware and iTunes 10.5, which can only be legally obtained if you’re a registered developer.
2) Run Sn0wbreeze and click the blue-colored arrow, as shown on the screenshot below:
3) At this point, Sn0wbreeze asks you to browse for the .ipsw firmware file. Locate the iOS 5 firmware you downloaded in step 1, as shown below:
4) Once Sn0wbreeze recognizes the firmware file, which can take a little while, you will be greeted with another screen. Please hit "next".
5) Now, out of all the options you should get, choose "Expert Mode" to apply standard jailbreak withinstalled. Then click "Build IPSW".
If everything has gone as expected, Sn0wbreeze should now be building your custom firmware. This process should require no interaction, so kick back and watch your favorite YouTube video or play the Pac-Manwhen Sn0wbreeze offers. Whatever you do, do not cancel the process. Once the process is done, you should see the following screen:
6) Now, you’ll have to enter DFU mode, which can be done easily by following Sn0wbreeze’s onscreen instructions:
If you entered DFU mode successfully, you should see this:
Loading iOS 5 Onto Your Device Using iTunes
7) After opening up iTunes 10.5 Beta, select your iOS device by clicking on its icon on the iTunes sidebar. Press and hold Left “Shift” button on the keyboard and click on “Restore” button (see the screenshot below), and point the program to the custom firmware you’ve just created. Don’t click "Update", “Restore” or "Check for Update" options.
Wait until iTunes finishes installing iOS 5 onto your device. This process can take a few minutes, so please be patient. A clear done message will be displayed once it’s done.
Booting Into Tethered Mode
Since this is an tethered jailbreak, the device will have to remain plugged in on every reboot, in order to boot into a jailbroken state. You need to carry out these steps whenever you power on, or reboot your device.
In order to do that, we’ll use iBooty.
9) Start iBooty from your desktop, run it and select the device you’ve just jailbroken, as shown in the screenshot below:
10) Hit "Start" and follow the on-screen instructions, including entering DFU mode (again). Once that’s done, iBooty will automatically perform the necessary steps to boot your device into a clean jailbroken state.
That’s it! You should now be able to enjoy jailbroken iOS 5 beta on your, or .