The newly released Sn0wbreeze 2.4 supports Ultrasn0w latest iOS 4.3.1 firmware.for and 3GS users (old basebands only) which otherwise happens to be broken on the
If you have jailbroken your/3GS (old basebands only) on .1 using Sn0wbreeze 2.4, and you rely on an unlock, you can use Ultrasn0w to unlock your on this latest firmware so that you can use it on any carrier you like.
The following step by step instructions will help youand unlock supported 4 and 3GS running on .1. However before we proceed, please make note of the following:
- Sn0wbreeze 2.4 supports Ultrasn0w unlock for basebands (01.59.00 / 04.26.08 / 05.11.07 / 05.12.01 / 05.13.04 / 06.15.00)
- ultrasn0w is NOT compatible with the following basebands (02.10.04 / 03.10.01 / 04.10.01 / 05.14.02 / 05.15.04)
- users can upgrade to 06.15.00 baseband now under Unlocks section in Expert.
- Upgrading baseband to the 06.15.00 baseband hack to unlock MAY cause you to lose your GPS!
- There is NO unlock for the stock (latest baseband) yet. If your iPhone relies on a unlock, DO NOT update to stock yet.
- Sn0wbreeze is a tethered 4.3.1 for iPhone, iPad and .
For iPhone 3GS Only: How to Update iPhone 3GS to 06.15.00 Baseband for Unlock:
Ultrasn0w 1.2 unlocking requires that your iPhone 3GS is jailbroken with 06.15.00 baseband. Follow the complete guide posted here (with ) or here (for ) to update your iPhone 3GS baseband to 06.15.00 and jailbreak it on 4.1 / 4.2.1 before proceeding with the following steps.
Step 1: First up, you will have to jailbreak your iPhone 4 or 3GS using Sn0wbreeze 2.4. Instructions for jailbreaking iOS 4.3.1 using this new version of Sn0wbreeze for iOS 4.3.1 are exactly similar to the last release. Simply follow our detailed step by step guide posted here to jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 4G / 3G and iPad running the latest iOS 4.3.1 firmware.
Step 2: Once you are done with the jailbreak, you can now unlock your iPhone on the supported basebands using Ultrasn0w 1.2 from. To do this:
Start “” on your iPhone.
Touch on “Manage” tab on the bottom.
Now touch on “Sources” as seen in the screenshot below:
- Touch on “Edit” and then on “Add”. You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type “http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com” and touch on“Add Source” to add this repo if you haven’t already.
Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps.
- After installation is completed. Search for “ultrasn0w 1.2” in Cydia and install this application. This app will automatically unlock your iPhone so that you can use it with any carrier.
Step 3: Now simply restart your iPhone and voila! you should now have a fully unlocked iPhone 4 or 3GS, running iOS 4.3.1 !
user? no problem. We have already covered extensive tutorials on how to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 using PwnageTool:
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on iPhone 4
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on iPhone 3GS (New and Old Bootrom)
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on iPad
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on iPod touch 4G and 3G
If you jailbreak your iPhone using PwnageTool on, you need to first add http://djayb6.com repo in Cydia and install “Ultrasn0w Fixer for 4.3.1” before installing Ultrasn0w as mentioned in the steps above.