Pod2g’s5.0.1 for the , , iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G, and 1, has been released, according the Dev-Team.
A few days ago, @pod2g gave the untether to both the iPhone devteam and the chronic devteam. We’ve put it into0.9.10 and , and the chronic devteam put it into a package (the same set of exploits is in all three).
● The untether is for .0.1 on iPhone3GS, iPhone4, iPhone4-CDMA, iPad1, 3G, iPod touch 4G
● If you have one of those devices and are not on 5.0.1 yet, update now! The SHSH window is still open for 5.0.1 If you via ultrasn0w or gevey, make sure you only get to 5.0.1 via a custom IPSW! See the guides at places like iClarified.com if you don’t know how. Once you’re at 5.0.1, use the latest redsn0w 0.9.10 to both jailbreak and untether.
● If you’re already at 5.0.1 with a tethered jailbreak, you have two choices: either run redsn0w 0.9.10 over your current jailbreak (deselect “Install ” if you do that), or install the Cydia package prepared by the chronic devteam. The patches are the same regardless of which you choose.
● Some of you are using a hybrid 5.0/5.0.1 configuration. If so, do not attempt to install this untether over that setup! You will most likely get into a reboot cycle. Do a sync and fresh restore to 5.0.1 then install the jailbreak + untether.
You can download the new release of RedSn0w from link given below… We’ll be posting instructions on how to perform thejailbreak below.
*Don’t forget to give pod2g and the Dev-Teams a big thank you!
Mirror Download Links:
You can follow ourstep by step tutorials from:
- Windows (Untethered jailbreak iPhone 4/ iPhone 3GS/ iPad 1/ iPod Touch 3G/ iPod Touch 4G)
- Mac (Untethered jailbreak iPhone 4/ iPhone 3GS/ iPad 1/ iPod Touch 3G/ iPod Touch 4G)