released .3 on Wednesday, and once again the exploit that @i0n1c created for 4.3.1 still works. That makes it an unprecedented three firmwares where the same userland exploit works. We’re not exactly sure why Apple hasn’t fixed the hole yet, but we’re not complaining!
Today’s and incorporate @i0n1c’s port to 4.3.3 (it’s ironic that such a long-lasting untether doesn’t even have an official name!). It also of course uses geohot’s limera1n bootrom exploit to inject the jailbreak.
The 4.3.3 untether works on all devices that actually support 4.3.3 except for the iPad2:
● iPhone4 (GSM)
● AppleTV2G (v4.3 8F202)
● ultrasn0w unlockers must stay away from redsn0w! Use only a custom IPSW to update to 4.3.3, to avoid updating your baseband. There are plenty of tutorials for both redsn0w and PwnageTool at here. Or feel free to ask away in our comments section below.
● ultrasn0w has been updated to v1.2.3 to be compatible with 4.3.3 and earlier (the ultrasn0w update does not include any new baseband support!). Please reboot your using the normal “slide to power off” swipe after installing ultrasn0w 1.2.3.
● By popular demand, redsn0w now allows you to enable multitasking gestures (although most will find it useful only on iPads).
You can download the new versions of RedSn0w and PwnageTool here:
● redsn0w 0.9.6rc15 (Windows, )
● PwnageTool 4.3.3 ( )
You can find our RedSn0w tutorials here:
- Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 Untethered Using RedSn0w on (Windows)
- Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 Untethered Using RedSn0w on (Mac)
- iOS 4.3.3 on iPhone 4, 3GS Using Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 [Tutorial]
- Redsn0w Untethered iOS 4.3.3 Jailbreak Released For iPhone, , iPod touch
- Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 Untethered on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod touch with PwnageTool 4.3.3 [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 4.2.8 On Verizon iPhone 4 Untethered And iOS 4.3.3 On Windows Using Sn0wbreeze 2.7 [Tutorial]