has released an update to the sixth generation iPod nano that lets you turn it off
With iPod software update version 1.1 for iPod nano (6th generation), you will be able to:
● Completely turn off the iPod, rather than just put the device to sleep.
● Control music or radio playback using the Sleep/Wake button without having to look at the device.
Turning iPod nano off completely and turning it on again
● Hold down the Sleep/Wake button for several seconds to turn iPod nano off completely.
Controlling audio playback with the Sleep/Wake button
You can double-click the Sleep/Wake button to play the next audio track, or change the setting so that double-clicking pauses or plays the current track. To set the Sleep/Wake button for audio playback:
● On the Home screen, tap Settings.
● Tap Music, and then tap the Sleep/Wake Button.
● Tap the On/Off switch.
● Tap either Next Track or Play/Pause.