Nest Learning Thermostat Description
We didn’t think thermostats mattered either.
Until we learned they control about 50% of our home’s energy bill. That’s as much as the refrigerator, lighting, TVs, stereos and computers combined.
Traditional thermostats tend to waste a lot of energy, mainly heating & cooling your home when no one’s there.
We designed Nest to learn from you. As a result, 99% of Nests have schedules that work with your life. And when life doesn’t go according to schedule, Nest can help:
- Forgot to turn down the thermostat before you left the house? Auto-Away will automatically do it for you.
- Dreading the summer heat? Airwave cuts down on your cooling costs automatically.
- Coming home early from a weekend away? Use your phone to turn down the temp on your way.
You’ll spend on average $30,000 heating and cooling your home over the 20-year life of your system. In that time, the Nest Learning Thermostat, which takes 30 minutes to install and programs itself in a week, can save you $6,000.
Nest Learning Thermostat Features
- Auto-Schedule-Nest remembers the temperatures you like and programs itself
- Auto-Away-Nest saves energy by automatically turning itself down when you’re away
- Airwave – Automatically cuts up to 30% of your AC’s runtime if your home isn’t too humid
- Remote control – Connect Nest to Wi-Fi to control it from your smartphone, laptop or tablet
- Simple to use – Most homeowners install Nest themselves in less than 30 minutes. After that, it’s just a matter of changing the temperature