Hobbyist Software announces Off Remote 3.0 for , an update to the popular app that gives users remote control over the power states of PCs or Macs. Users can turn off, log off, lock, sleep and restart their computers remotely. Uses include turning off the office computer from the lounge sofa and switching off or locking the kid’s computers to prevent excessive screen time.
Version 3.0 adds a timer that can trigger Off to work up to 24 hours later. This allows users to arrange for their computers to turn off automatically after finishing a task such as a download or upload, or for the computer to lock automatically after a certain time, such as a child’s bedtime.
Version 3.0 also improves the connection between the app and the device for even easier setup and running of the app and allows more technical users to control computers and servers from outside their local network.
Off Remote has had over 330,000 downloads and has been praised for encouraging users to be greener by making it easy for them to turn off devices from anywhere in their homes. If each download only resulted in 1 hour less computer time, that would be a saving of approximately 30,000 Kilowatt hours, roughly the carbon footprint equivalent of driving 3 times around the world.
* Convenient wireless control over the power state of computers on your local network
* Compatible with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
* Compatible with OS 10.5 and later
* Password protection
* Off, Sleep, Restart, Lock and Hibernate (not all computers can hibernate)
* Timer function. You can set Off to trigger up to 24 hours in the future
* Control any number of computers on your local network
* Simple setup – Off Remote uses the same technology as the iTunes remote to connect over your local network to the helper on your computer.
Hobbyist Software concentrates on making its apps easy to use. Off Remote is very simple to setup and operate. Users simply download the free helper application to their computer. Once this is done, the computer will appear in Off Remote and the user can tap on it to assume control.
“With Off remote you can stay on the sofa and turn off any computer on your local network, from the office computer you forgot, to the machine that has just finished playing your music or movie. Want to limit the kid’s computer time? Do it remotely. And with Off Remote you don’t just save time and effort, but electricity and the environment too,” said Hobbyist Software Owner, Rob Jonson.
* US English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian and Russian
* Works with Mac, PC
* , , or
* iOS 3.2 or later (iOS 4 tested)
* Optimized for Retina display
* 1.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Off Remote 3.06 is available worldwide through the App Store in the Lifestyle category for $2.99 (USD). Off Remote Free is a free limited version of the app. Review copies are available upon request.
View In iTunes