OmniFocus forhas been updated with location reminders and support.
OmniFocus forcombines the in-depth task management functionality of a desktop app with the advanced mobile experience of the iPad. With flexible viewing options, location-aware task lists, and on-the-fly task entry with voice notes and image attachments, OmniFocus for iPad is the trusted system you need for managing everything in your busy life.
– Quick Entry for fast, easy task capture
– Task inbox where items can be stored for future processing
– Detailed task options like start and due dates, repeating schedules, and audio note and photo attachments
– Organize tasks into projects and folders, with as much hierarchy as is needed
– Categorize and view tasks by contexts, or work modes (ie, “Phone” for all phone call-related to-dos)
– Subtasks, for breaking large tasks into manageable steps
– Built-in search for locating any task in your database
– Cloud sync: Synchronize your tasks with other copies of OmniFocus using MobileMe or Omni’s free sync.omnigroup.com
– Location-based contexts: the Map makes it easy to generate and view tasks based on current or assigned locations
– Forecasts: see a weekly or daily view of all due tasks
– Built-in reviewing that helps you stay current on all your projects
– Free customer support via email or phone
What’s New In This Version:
OmniFocus 1.4 for iPad adds Location Reminders, support for , and other improvements and bug fixes.
• Location reminders can be handy for getting a little nudge when you are in the right area to complete an action. In order to use them, you need to have iOS 5 installed, and have an with 3G. Please see Setting up Location Reminders in OmniFocus Help for additional information.
• Map mode always shows available actions and contexts with available actions.
• Several improvements were made to the behavior of the Map when Location Services is disabled. (Map mode requires Location Services to be enabled for full functionality.)
• Tapping the Center Map button always refreshes the current location before centering the map.
• OmniFocus now refreshes the list of contexts and available actions when resuming the app into Maps mode with list display active.
• Improved the fade out animation of context inspectors.
• When panning the map before showing a context inspector, the location is panned completely into view before displaying the inspector.
• The Future section of Forecast mode always shows an action’s due date.
• Fixed a bug where hour cells on the event timeline could get stuck in the highlighted state on iOS 5.
• On iOS 5, calendars with identical names from different accounts can be independently hidden from the Forecast event timeline.
• On iOS 5, calendars in Forecast View Options are grouped by account.
• Improved feedback when tapping on the location type buttons in the Context Location inspector.
• Fixed a bug which caused the Context Location inspector to appear at the wrong initial size on iOS 5.
• Fixed a bug which caused the item editor to reappear at the wrong location when the device was rotated while using the built-in web browser on iOS 5.
• The Current Location button in the Context Location inspector is disabled when Location Services is disabled.
• When tapping the Current Location button in the Context Location inspector, the user is alerted when the location cannot be determined.
• The Context Location inspector better handles geocoding failures when setting up a context’s location using a contact.
• The Project Type popover is now wide enough to accommodate the Single Actions type without truncation.
• The Remaining view filter in Context mode now displays remaining actions in remaining projects.
• The Bonjour login panel now identifies the we are syncing with by name.
• Automatic syncs are no longer inappropriately started when OmniFocus is waiting for the user to enter their sync username and password.
• Fixed a bug where the Subscribe in iCal button was not enabled for Omni Sync Server users whose accounts reside on one of the alternate sync servers.
• The German translation for the “Completed” and “On Hold” button titles are no longer too wide.
• Fixed a bug where the buttons in the review bar were sometimes inappropriately enabled after exiting Edit mode.
• Action groups are styled in bold when they appear in Context lists and Forecast mode.
• When audio attachment recording or playback finishes, background audio is now resumed.
• Tapping the View Options button or the Plus button in the toolbar now exits search mode.
• Distances are now displayed in miles when the Region Format is set to United Kingdom.