A new study by Distimo And Newzoo finds that over 5 million
Games represent the largest single app category on App Stores, and account for half of the downloads of both free and paid apps. In total, more than five million games a day were downloaded in the US and six European territories combined during March 2011. The 63 million iOS gamers in these seven countries downloaded an average of 2.5 games per month.
● 88% of downloaded top 300 iOS games are now offered for free
● In- purchases (within both free and paid games) generated approximately two-fifth of total revenues
● In- spending on free games grossed 40% of the total revenues for /iPod Touch and 32% for
● Between six and seven percent of the online population has an in the US, UK, France and Germany, while Spain, The Netherlands and Belgium trail with three to four percent
● The share of iPhone owners who play iOS games is between 50 and 75%
Read More [via iSpazio]