Plex for, ,iPod Touch:
Plex forbrings the power of Plex to your , or . With Plex, you can stream your music, videos and photos from your home computers running Plex Media Server (available from http://www.plexapp.com/) and access content from a wide range of channels. Channels are available for apps like Aperture, iTunes and iPhoto, or online services like YouTube, Vimeo and Revision3. There’s also a remote control feature for Plex Media Center.
Additionally, you can sign up for the myPlex service, which lets you connect to servers shared with you by your friends, queue videos from your web browser to watch later, and connect to your Plex Media Server at home wherever you are in the world via Wi-Fi or a celluar connection, with no configuration necessary!
Plex Media Server streams your media directly from your computer, so there’s no need to convert before viewing. Plex is smart, too – if your media isn’t already in a format your device can play, it’ll convert it on-the-fly.
• DRM-protected content (TV shows, movies and older music tracks from the iTunes store) is not supported.
• ISO images are not supported.
• VIDEO_TS folders are not supported.
• PGS subtitles are not supported.
• Audio formats can’t play natively (e.g. FLAC) are not supported.
• A running OS X 10.6 or later, a PC running Windows XP or later (Windows Vista or Windows 7 recommended), or an Intel machine running Linux.
• In order to transcode to 720p (for the iPad and ), you need at least a 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo processor. For 1080p content (for the , iPad (3rd generation) and ) at least a 2.4GHz Core i5 or Core i7 processor is recommended.
What’s New in Version 2.3.1
– FIX: Immediate crash on startup when logged in to myPlex without any unwatched queue items.
– FIX: Occasional crash when stopping playback.
– FIX: Strange UI behavior when running low on memory.
– FIX: TV Out is supported for older cables again.
– FIX: Playback events are no longer sent to shared servers.
– FIX: Stopping video playback is much faster, especially over remote connections.
– FIX: Image caching works again.
– UPDATED: Localizations for Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish, Turkish and Ukrainian.
– UPDATED: Removed automatic video quality selection.
– NEW: Allowed selecting an additional video quality for cellular connections in addition to the required 64Kbps stream (requires Plex Media Server 0.9.6.1 or later).
What’s New in Version 2.4
∙ NEW: Social features! You can now add friends to your myPlex account, recommend media to each other, and post directly to your Facebook timeline. Tap account settings and go to the friends tab to send out friend invites.
∙ NEW: Ability to clear cached images.
∙ NEW: The app can be launched via the plexapp:// URL scheme.
∙ NEW: Media can be deleted from the app (must be enabled on the server, requires PMS 0.9.6.1 or newer).
∙ NEW: Automatic video quality adjustment has been restored, allowing the app to select the most appropriate video quality for the current available bandwidth, up to a user-defined maximum.
∙ NEW: Attempt to automatically select audio & subtitle streams for all parts when playing stacked media.
∙ NEW: Networked logging option (in advanced settings). Sends iOS and PMS logs to a centralized server in the cloud when enabled, to aid with support.
∙ NEW: A new look for settings.
∙ FIX: Channels section was invisible when no channels are installed on the server.
∙ FIX: TV season posters were low resolution on iPad.
∙ FIX: Remote control requests include the correct authentication tokens allowing the feature to work via myPlex connections.
∙ FIX: Marking progress when not signed in to myPlex was broken.
∙ FIX: More reliable reloading of home screen data.
∙ FIX: Images flickered while loading.
∙ FIX: Certain remote buttons weren’t working properly after rotating the device.
∙ FIX: Wide flag images could get cropped on iPhone.
∙ FIX: The movie player sometimes switched to portrait orientation when starting a video.
∙ FIX: myPlex scrobbling was broken.
∙ FIX: Search wasn’t working when not connected to a server.
∙ FIX: The on-hold menu wasn’t working when the default playback action was set to “Always Ask”.
∙ FIX: A couple of crashes on .
∙ UPDATE: Translations for Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.
What’s New in Version 2.5.0
In addition to the usual translation updates, we’ve fixed a bunch of bugs, and found time to slip in a few new features too!
– NEW: Home screen sections can be re-ordered or hidden.
– NEW: Support for TV theme music.
– NEW: Background art while browsing.
– NEW: Easier to read list view when browsing by folder.
– FIX: High bitrate content will correctly transcode instead of attempting Direct Play.
– FIX: Media deletion & progress reporting works when using myPlex without publishing servers.
– FIX: Network addresses are resolved earlier to make playing media on remote clients more reliable.
– FIX: Easier method for adding friends.
– FIX: Crash when attempting to set a user rating for an item with no community rating.
– FIX: A few layout & graphical issues.
Plexfor iPhone,iPad,iPod Touch:
Version 2.5.0: datafilehost
Version 2.4: sendspace
Version 2.3.1: Sendspace