Reeder for, a popular Google Reader client, has been updated with initial support for Readability and fullscreen image viewing.
– Syncs with Google Reader
– Browse by feed or folders
– Manage starred items, notes
– Support for shared items and friends’ shared items
– Mark as unread
– Image caching
– State saving
– Slider control for list entries: slide to right to toggle read/unread, slide to left to toggle starred/unstarred
– Option to order by oldest first (for unread items)
– Sync status bar: tap to minimize, tap the sync icon to maximize
What’s New In This Version:
Readablity support for the article view:
Initial support for Readability (see http://lab.arc90.com/experiments/readability/).
Readability will try to fetch the full content of an article. This is faster than loading the web page and doesn’t require to open the in-app browser.
To view an article with Readability, tap the “R” button in the navigationbar or use the pinch-open gesture (iOS4 only) on the article view.
Fullscreen image viewing for the article view (iOS4 only):
– Pinch-to-open on images to view them fullscreen (pinch-to-close to go back to the article)
– Tap to view the description text of the image (when in fullscreen mode)
– Save to Photo Library
It’s now possible to raise the sycning limit of max. 5000 items, see Settings.app>Reeder>Advanced
(Please note that setting this value too high might decrease performance and syncing might take longer)
– Opening a folder would not show any articles for certain folders.
– Crash while syncing subscriptions (only accounts with thousands of subscriptions were affected by this)
You can purchase Reeder from the App Store for $2.99.