Seas0nPass has been updated to perform a tethered latest 4.4.2 Apple TV firmware.on the
Currently the jailbreak for 4.4+ is tethered, which is a bit less convenient than anversion. If the features added in 4.4 excite you it may be worth updating; however, the previous 4.3 version will continue to be supported so updating is not required.
The full list of changes included in 4.4.x is below:
● AirPlay Mirroring: Now with video mirroring – wirelessly stream what’s on your 2 screen to your HDTV.
● Photo Stream: View photos recently taken on your device and pushed to your Photo Stream in iCloud.
● Trailers: A whole new way to browse and view hundreds of the latest theatrical trailers.
● National Hockey League: Watch live games. View highlights, scores, and more.
● Wall Street Journal Live: Watch up-to-date news, business commentary, and financial analysis from leading experts.
● Support for subtitles in Netflix and three new slideshow themes: Photo Wall, Flip-up, and Shifting Tiles.
Which plugins are supported on 4.4?
● Media Player (works)
● Couch Surfer (works)
● Last.fm (works)
● Weather (works)
● RSS Feeds (works)
● NitoTV (works)
● Overflow (works)
● Remote HD (works)
● XBMC (nightly builds only)
● Plex (not working)
● Rowmote (not working)
You can find out instructions on how to jailbreak your TV with Seas0nPass here. Although the steps are very similar, we’ll update the tutorial for 4.4.2 shortly.