A new tool released by semaphore allows for custom IPSW creation on the2 and . This tools also allows you to restore to any saved SHSH (pre 5.0) without getting stuck into a recovery loop. Note that this tool will update your baseband, and is simply for getting out of a recovery loop when downgrading certain devices.
● It will modify an existing ipsw for an ipad2 gsm/cdma or iphone4 gsm/cdma
● It WILL modify the ipsw TO UPDATE YOUR BASEBAND TO THE LATEST!
● It will create an ipsw that you can use with TinyUmbrella AND iTunes to restore to a version of that you have SHSHs for.
● It is primarily for iPad2 with a baseband OR 4.
TinyCFW is not
● A tool to protect your baseband.
● A tool that will restore your device to any firmware
● A tool for use with , , , or 4S
This is an initial release, and semaphore notes it was never meant to be released to the public. If you download theversion, be sure to rename tinycfw-0.1.jar to tinycfw.jar.
We will do a tutorial on how to use TinyCFW soon.