SlingPlayer has updated its app for devices adding video out support on the .
Watch and control your home TV and DVR on youror !
When connected over 3G or Wi-Fi to a Slingbox SOLO, or PRO-HD (Slingboxes* sold separately), the award winning SlingPlayer Mobile software will play anything you can see on your TV at home on youror iPod touch. Now you can change channels, control your DVR and watch your favorite shows right on your phone.
View and control video sources such as:
● Cable set-top box and DVR
● Satellite set-top box and DVR
● Telco / IPTV set-top box and DVR
● Basic cable
● Digital Over-the-Air broadcasts (Slingbox PRO-HD only)
● Home security cameras
What’s New In This Version:
● Adds component cable video out support on devices when streaming in HQ mode
● Several bug fixes
● Users with the Dish Network 922 Receiver or the Dish Network Sling Adapter should download Dish Remote Access from the App Store for free. SlingPlayer Mobile is not supported with those devices.
● To stream in High Quality (HQ) mode outside your home, you need at least 800 kbps of bandwidth from your Slingbox to your iPhone when using a Wi-Fi connection, and at least 500 kbps with a 3G connection. To see available bandwidth within SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone, tap the SQ button, then the Options button. The current bandwidth displays in the lower left corner. You can test your home upload speed by using a web site such as www.speedtest.net on your home computer; test download speed at your current location by using the free Speedtest iPhone app. The total bandwidth available to SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone is limited to whichever is smaller: the upload speed, or the current download speed. If you don’t have enough bandwidth for HQ mode, you can improve your viewing experience by pressing the SQ button to stream in Standard Quality.
You can purchase SlingPlayer Mobile from the App Store for $29.99.