SmartPlaylist is the most advanced playlist generator for iPod/
You can combine 22 search rules (comments, rating, play count, last played, etc.) to filter your iTunes music library.
The supported gestures for play/pause, etc. are explained in Menu > Help…
TAB BAR FOR EASY SWITCHING:
● With the tab bar on top you can switch easily between smart playlist A, B, C, D, E or F (+ G on , + V, W, X, Y, Z on in landscape orientation)
● No need to bother with typing in “meaningful names” — the rules always tell you what’s “inside”
SEARCH IN TEXT FIELDS:
● You can search by Artist, Title, Album, Composer, Genre, Comments, Lyrics and/or iPod-Playlist.
● Search for exact matches (is equal to), for any partial matches (contains) or use wildcards (?/*)
● Use logical operators to unite (OR), intersect (AND) or exclude (NOT) certain songs.
The rule “Genre contains blu OR zz” will give you all your blues and jazz songs in 1 playlist. Quick and simple.
MUSIC BROWSER: (similar to the Column Browser in iTunes)
● Browse your music collection hierarchically by Genres > Composers > Artists > Albums > Titles
● At each level you can pick 1, several or all items to collect the desired sets or narrow down your search
COMBINE WITH POWERFUL NUMERICAL SEARCH CRITERIA:
● Rating (0 to 5 stars)
● Last Played (how many days, weeks, months or years ago)
● Released (how many days, weeks, months or years ago)
● Play Count (played how many times)
● Skip Count (skipped how many times)
● Duration (how many minutes long) – and/or –
● Track Number
● BPM (beats per minute)
● Year (of recording)
● iCloud (is in cloud or not)
You can search for values less than, equal to / from-to (=) or more than the limit you set
“Rating 4 or 5” and “Last Played > 2 years ago” will get your favourite songs not listened to for a long time.
● Make exceptions to the rules by adding or removing individual titles from a list using ⊕⊖ (⊕ include, ⊖ exclude)
UNIQUE MIX OPTIONS:
● Sort at random to get a different mix with each search
● Sort the results by one of the criteria mentioned above (in ascending ◢ or descending ◣ order)
● Sort with multiple criteria, e.g. 1. by Artist, 2. by Rating (per artist), 3. by playCount (per rating)
● Shuffle by title or shuffle by album
● Limit the number of titles per artist or per album
● Limit the list to x minutes, hours or titles
ADVANCED SET OPERATIONS (“Fusion”):
● Merge lists together (e.g. A + B = C)
● Remove all songs belonging to another list (e.g. A – B = C)
● Intersect the results to obtain only the songs common to both lists
FEEL FREE TO DISCOVER YOUR MUSIC COLLECTION:
● Look at the artwork or details of a song while another one is playing in the background
● Create a new smart playlist, while the previous list is still playing in the background (use “Show only”)
● Scroll the extensive list view with rating, play count, composer, genre, last played, etc. at a glance
● Look at all the mentioned info in the details view (+ skipCount, albumArtist, releaseDate, etc.)
● See and copy the full length of the title, album name, composer, comments, lyrics, etc.
● Enlarge the cover artwork up to full screen (tap/double-tap)
What’s New in Version 9.1.0
Search by Album Artist (needs to be activated in Menu > Settings “Show / hide rules:” and “Music Browser: Show / hide:”)