“The best tuner on
“A versatile swiss army knife of music apps” — Gizmodo
“Tunable shows musicians what pitch-perfect means as they play.” — Engadget
“Tunable doesn’t just tell you how you sound — it shows you.” — FastCoDesign
Tunable is a chromatic tuner, tone/chord generator, metronome, and recorder that helps you learn to play steadily, in tune, and on beat. Featuring a unique “tuning history” display for visualizing pitch over time, Tunable is the perfect toolkit for beginning to professional musicians.
◆ Learn to play in tune with sustained pitch history
Visualize how steadily you play or sing. As notes are held out, a white line draws how steady the pitch is. The straighter the line, the more consistent the pitch.
◆ Improve your ear with tone and chord generator
Need a reference tone or chord? Use the tone and chord generator to play and sustain chords with various tone options. Choose from different temperaments to hear how they compare.
◆ Keep tempo with an accurate and simple metronome
See the pulse with a visual metronome. View subdivision and current beat, with a large display and visual flash.
◆ Record and share
Record your practice and performances. Add reverb for a professional sound. Share recordings through e-mail, SoundCloud, Dropbox and more.
• Large, colorful tuning indicator clearly shows when in tune (green fills the screen)
• Clear, visual tuner with note, octave, cents (+\-), and frequency (hz) display
• Tuning history to see how well you’re sustaining notes over time
• Especially suited for wind instruments and strings with note detection from Tuba to Piccolo (24hz to 15khz+)
• Horizontal and vertical tuning displays
• Adjustable A=440 reference tone
• Change between equal, just, pythagorean, and 18 other tuning temperaments
Tone and Chord Generator
• Chromatic Tone Generator with multiple tone options and sustain
• Play and sustain chords
• Auto Octave rounding for easy note access
• Large number display with visual flash to see the downbeat, subdivision, and pulse
• Adjust tempo, beats per measure, and subdivision
• See tempo markings to quickly jump between standard tempos
• Tempo Tap (tap metronome center to set a tempo)
• Continues to play when screen is locked or in the background
• Record and save unlimited recordings
• Share recordings through e-mail, SoundCloud, DropBox, and more
• Highly accurate and responsive
• Transpose notes to any instrument
• /AirPlay mirroring to an HDMI projector or TV on iPad2, iPhone4S, iPhone5
• Background Audio enables the metronome to continue playing when the screen is locked or closed.
• Dark and light themes
What’s New in Version 1.4
– Fix for incorrect tuning on 6s devices
– Other minor bugs and performance improvements