Developer Tapbots just dropped an updated version of its popular third-party Twitter client.Tweetbot version 2.0 [iTunes $2.99] is quite a significant update with dozens of new features and changes, and first impressions seem to be positive.
Perhaps the biggest enhancement in the new Tweetbot is the updated timeline view, which refines the UI making links (now colored), profile images (thumbnails now appear in timeline), and usernames just a single tap away. Another nice addition is the “Retweeted by” bar now appearing in the timeline and tappable. Other improvements made to the app include adjusted cell colors for better contrast, a redesigned direct message UI, and a brand new “New Tweets” bar that can be hidden with a tap or through Settings…
You might also notice that your timeline, as well as DM’s and mentions, will now be auto-refreshed every 5 minutes. Tapbots also listed a new “Huge” font size available through settings, improved scrolling performance, and a new tweet replies view. In addition, Readability has been integrated as a new “mobilizer service”.
You can grab Tweetbot 2.0 from the App Store now for $2.99 and as a free upgrade for existing users.
What’s new in Tweetbot Version 2.0
– Updated timeline view
– Image thumbnails in timeline
– Links now colored and single-tappable
– “Retweeted by” bar now integrated and tappable
– Cell colors adjusted for better contrast
– New direct message view.
– Redesigned “New Tweets” bar (Can be dismissed by tap and configured in Settings > Display)
– Timed auto-refresh (timeline, mentions, and DM’s will refresh every 5 minutes)
– Readability added as mobilizer service
– Much improved tweet replies view
– Links in user’s bio now tappable
– “Huge” font size option in Settings > Display
– Improved scrolling performance