“The app is amazing. An absolute delight to use. Well done.” – David Hewson, Bestselling Author
### DESKTOP-CLASS WRITING APP ###
Ulysses foris your one-stop writing environment on . Whether you’re a novelist, a journalist, a student or a blogger – if you love to write and write a lot, Ulysses gives you a uniquely streamlined toolset, covering every phase of the writing process:
– A powerful, yet simple text editor.
– A familiar, no-nonsense text library.
– A comprehensive and truly flexible multi-format export.
Of course, the heart and soul of a writing app is its editor. And Ulysses is said to have the best text editor in the world. It offers everything you need – from markup to images and footnotes, from links to comments and code –, and it still manages to stay out of the way. It’s a beautiful and focused experience, which turns writing on mobile into *actual fun*.
And since Ulysses takes writing seriously, it does not stop at the editor. Its unified library offers unprecedented access to everything you’ll ever write, be it snippets and ideas, be it blog posts or manuscripts. Every text is at your fingertips, literally, and Ulysses perfectly scales from scratchpad to diary to Great American Novels – and to everything in-between.
Once you’re finished, export is only a tap away. Ulysses can transform your text into beautiful PDFs, web pages, standard e-books and Word documents. You can copy as HTML or save to the cloud as Markdown. Export is as easy as tapping a format, selecting a style, and chosing a destination. Yes, 1-2-3. No need to leave the app.
Best of all, Ulysses offers fully-fledged, no-holds-barred, all-out iCloud sync. Ulysses is available for bothand iPad, and every connected device has access to everything and anything you’ll ever write. Synchronization is simple, seamless and neither requires third-party apps, nor any kind of interaction. If you got iCloud, you got sync.
### ASSORTED QUOTES ###
“It’s hard to imagine a better experience on any platform.” – Macworld
“A powerful but simple text editor for iPad.” – Lifehacker
“It’s the best journal, word processor, writing, distraction free, note taking, zen app I have on my iPad.” – The Brooks Review
### FEATURES ###
Write & Edit
– Markup-based text editor
– Simple markup for headlines, lists, comments, quotes, important passages and more
– Easy insertion of links, annotations, footnotes and images
– Multi-part button row for comfortable editing
– Swipe selection
– Option to attach keywords, notes and images
– Search & Replace
– Spell check, auto correction, dictionary, dictation
– Writing goals (characters, words, pages etc.)
– Comprehensive text statistics
– Optimized for the use with external keyboards
File & Organize
– A single library for all texts
– Manual sorting of sheets and groups
– Merge sheets, split at selection
– Groups, intelligent filters, favorites
– Full iCloud synchronization
– Automatic, scheduled backup of you text library
– Editing of external text files
Export & Processing
– Export as PDF, DOCX, TXT, Markdown, HTML and ePub
– Live preview, send as email
– Pre-selected styles for export
– Download more styles from the Ulysses Style Exchange
– Share files via Dropbox
User Interface & Navigation
– Clean, distraction free interface
– Three-paned layout (library, sheet list, editor)
– Easy swipe navigation
– Light and dark writing modes
– A wide choice color palettes
and so much more…
What’s New in Version 2.1.1
– DOCX export now supports changing character spacing and setting highlight colors
– PDF export got an option to enable justification of lines ending with line breaks
– Sheets can also be split at the very beginning or end
– Tabs are now using the correct width of 4 spaces
– Solved several interface glitches when browsing backups
– Quite a few minor bugs and crashes are also a thing of the past. Yay!
Thank you all for making Ulysses 2.1 such a great release for us – please keep the feedback coming! If you’re happy with Ulysses, please rate it on the App Store or leave a review. Thanks!