It’s no secret that iOS 4.3 hurt battery life for some device users and with issuing a bug fix-filled iOS update today, many have speculated that the release will include battery life improvements. Now that users have had some time to play around with .1, readers have written in to report that their battery life issues appear to be resolved.
Others have expressed marginal to significant improvement in battery life through Twitter:
- “iOS 4.3.1 was released today, seems like my battery isn’t dying as fast anymore.”
- “4.3.1 update certainly did fix my battery drain issues.”
- “Pleased that iOS 4.3.1 appears to have cleared the battery draining issue. Only gone down 15% in the last 6 hours.”
- “Anyone else noticing significant battery life improvement on iOS 4.3.1 for ?”
- “My is definitely draining battery slower under 4.3.1.”
- “iOS 4.3.1 is out today, it seems to have fixed the battery issue on my .”
It appears that the battery life issue in iOS 4.3 is strictly software related. Perhaps the battery percentage meter is calibrated incorrectly in iOS 4.3 or maybe some background processess are unnecessarily activated. In any case, it appears thatis improving battery life for some users.